Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Comcast gets well deserved poor customer satisfaction ranking

Not surprisingly, Comcast's customer satisfaction ranking in the Q1 2008 American Customer Satisfaction Index is in the cellar at 54. Dealing with this company is like talking to a wall. While Comcast's Web site informs me that I qualify for various services when I enter my address in ZIP Code 95709, when an attempt is made to order service, it initiates an endless loop with on line customer service personnel who simply shrug and repeat, "You're not in our system."

Truly surprising given AT&T's dismal track record of over promising -- "Your World Delivered" -- and under delivering is the telco 's score of 75 out of 100. AT&T informs me I'll be able to order its U-Verse bundled service in the next 1-2 months. With the absence of newly installed U-Verse VRADs in my area, I'll withhold judgment as to whether I'd vote to raise the telco's score.

The index is produced by the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business in partnership with the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and CFI Group, and is supported in part by ForeSee Results, corporate sponsor for the e-commerce and e-business measurements.

No comments: